WELCOME TO STREET MISSION INTERNATIONAL
Street Mission International (SMI), minsters to the disadvantaged and vulnerable peoples especially those living on the streets. It was started in 2014 by Pr. John and. Mrs. Christine Mukisa.
Its offices are in Kampala Uganda Africa
The disadvantaged and vulnerable people i.e. those in poverty circles, the rejected, the depressed and oppressed, the disabled, prostitutes, drug addicts, petty thieves, street children, street adults, domestic violent victims, mentally disturbed people etc.
To Restoring Broken Lives with love
To holistically rehabilitate and empower vulnerable and disadvantaged people especially those living on the streets through spiritual, economic, social, psychological, physical, and emotional initiatives.
- To reach out to the vulnerable and disadvantaged people i.e those living on the streets and those under poverty level with the gospel of Christ’s love and care.
- To extend physical, emotional, financial, psycological, social, and spiritual support with an ultimate aim of making them self-reliant so as to become better citizens.
- To prevent HIV and other related diseases among them and at the same time caring for the victims.
- To train them in income generating activities so as to make them self-reliant.
- To unite those on the streets with their loved ones.
SHORT TERM PLANS
Being that our ministry depends on donation, we have plans to start up our own income generating projects i.e. agriculture, poultry, fish, bee, and animal farming and other businesses for purposes of self-sufficiency. However this necessitates buying land.
Our feeding program is one of our major projects, so we are planning to buy land where the ministry can grow its own food.
MEDICAL CAMP OUTREACHES
We are planning to hold medical camp outreach regularly to treat around 250-300 both of those staying on the streets and other disadvantaged people.
TECHNICAL / BUSSINESS SKILLS
We have plans to train our members in income generating as a way through which they can become self-reliant and get off the street.
We are planning to hire professional counselors to counsel those in need of the service.
LONG TERM PLANS
We plan to build our own schools I. e. Primary, Secondary, technical and bible institutions.
PURCHASE OF LAND
We plan to buy big land around 50 acres where we can do the following: - Income generating activities, i.e. agriculture, poultry, fish, bee, and animal farming and other businesses for purposes of being self-sufficient
- Construction of Rehabilitation homes for drug addicts.
- Construction of destitute home for members who have no homes and no relatives to go to especially those in their old age.
- Construction of houses for members who are still energetic who would wish to leave the street but can’t build for themselves.
- Construction of medical facilities.
- Construction of Schools.
- Construction of church building and youth center